Tuesday, December 20, 2011

Do the Catholics realize how they oppress women?

No rudely, but I mean do they actually "realize" what they are doing to women? It's a syndrome, I can't remember the word for it but it means: you only see what you want to see. They don't seem to realize that the nuns use a separate door from the male priests. Not just separate, but it's in the back where no-one can see them. Not to mention when I was being raised Catholic I remember the priest showing the order of priorities for husband and wife, in the eyes of God. For the husband it's 1.God 2.Jesus 3.his kids 4.himself 5.his wife For the wife it's: 1.God 2.Jesus 3.Her Husband 4. her kids 5. And finally herself. Doesn't that seem a little wrong to you that the husband shouldn't put his wife before himself. I was raised Catholic by my dad and that was the main thing that turned me against it. I'm also referring to a response I got from imacatholic, when I had a question on a good religious suggestion for an Agnostic. He said the Catholic church doesn't discriminate against women, but in the sentence he used and in fact his whole answer didn't even include the word "woman" once. I'm still just asking the first question, do Catholics 'realize" that they are putting women down or are they only seeing what they want to believe because they were raised that way like I was?

0 comments:

Post a Comment